Looking for a Place to Take Your Winter Photos?
Well... it's Winter in Utah now! Thankfully, this list is build for photography all year round. While not every location is ideal during snow and cold, many are perfect! Here's a list of a few of the best Utah Winter Photography Locations:
- Antelope Island
- Tibble Fork Reservoir
- Ogden Canyon
- Utah Lake
- Main Street in Park City
- McPolin Barn, Park City (The White Barn)
- Utah State Capitol (great for indoors)
- Provo library (indoor location)
- The Great Saltair
- Little Cottonwood Canyon
While these are some of my favorite winter locations, most of the locations on the full list below can definitely work during the Winter! If they aren't open during Winter I've tried my best to note that in the description. Check out the rest of the complete list of 2020 Utah Photography Locations below!
Utah's top photography locations: Complete 2020 List
If you're a new photographer, a seasoned pro, or someone who just wants to up your selfie game, finding cool and unique photography locations is a necessity. As a photographer myself, I have often found myself googling "Utah photography locations" over and over again, just to get the same list of the most popular photography locations in Utah. The problem with this "list" is that I've already shot at most of these locations. For me the challenge is always to find somewhere new and exciting to take my clients that will create the perfect backdrop for their images that they will love forever. So after years of searching for the perfect list I decided to create one myself!
While I have been to most of these locations, I have not shot at every single on of them. Some of these locations were recommended to me by others, so if you have been to any of these locations and have any extra information about them PLEASE share with me so I can share it with everyone else! Also, if you have any locations not on this list, please share!
Photography Locations Near Logan, Utah
THE POPPY FIELDS
- S Park Dr, Mantua, UT 84324
- Poppy Fields are gorgeous in Late May/ Early June
- Huge poppies
- Beautiful Fall leaves and water scenery
- Great mountain vistas
Photography Locations in Ogden, Utah
HISTORIC 25TH STREET IN OGDEN
- Old City buildings
- Head behind the buildings on the North side of the street behinds Warren's and Brewski's and find more cute benches, stairs, nice old crackily brick that will make for the cutest backdrop for pictures!
- Also near downtown, there are some parking garages you can get to the top of to get a nice view of the city.
FARRS ICE CREAM IN OGDEN
- 274 21st St, Ogden, UT 84401
- Cute indoor location
- Cool old brick outside
- Fun Ice cream shots (cute for engagements or graduation pics)
- Lots of trees and mountain area
- One of my favorite areas in Ogden canyon is right across the street from the Oaks Restaurant
- This area has a cute view of the Oaks Restaurant and a stunning view of the mountain. There is also a little trail with beautiful golden trees in the winter.
- 750 Ogden Canyon, Ogden, UT 84401
- A great location to pair with your Ogden Canyon photoshoot.
- Ices over in winter - covered with snow
- Water location during spring, summer, and fall.
- Mountains and pine trees
OGDEN BOTANICAL GARDENS
- 1750 Monroe Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401
- Lots of flowers
- Parks and trails are open from dawn to dusk
OGDEN UTAH TEMPLE
- Such a beautiful location with a beautiful fountain, nice flowers, and the Ogden Tabernacle next door
Photography Locations in Layton, Utah
J&J NURSERY AND GARDEN CENTER
- 1815 W Gentile St, Layton, UT 84041
- Beautiful flowers
- Indoor location
- The greenhouse gives a lush feel that is a great option when you get sick of all the dead nature outside in the winter
- Cute for maternity pictures, couples, or senior pictures
- 2370 Canyon View Dr, Layton, UT 84040
- Pretty pond and pathways
- 1002 S 3200 W, Layton, UT 84041
- Cool Architecture building thing
- Tall grass with beautiful swampy landscape
- Very pretty sunset view
- wooden pathways
- Lots of open space with a beautiful view of the mountains
LAYTON UTAH TEMPLE (COMING SOON!)
- Ok, I know the Layton temple is nowhere near done, but as Layton is my hometown, I couldn't help but add it to the list!
Photography locations in Syracuse, Utah
- Pretty water view
- One of the best places to take fake "beach" pics in Utah!
- This location is absolutely stunning at Sunset
- $15 entrance fee per car
JENSEN NATURE PARK
- 3176 S Bluff Rd, Syracuse, UT 84075
- Small spot featuring a walking path around a fishing pond, with scenic mountain views & a bridge.
Photography Locations in Kaysville & Fruit Heights
MAIN STREET IN KAYSVILLE
- Fun Old buildings
- Cute little movie theater that makes for a cute backdrop at night
- PRO TIP: Head to the little ally behind the historic buildings on Main Street to find the beautiful and classy entrances to Clytie Adam's Dance Studio these cute little doors make for the perfect backdrop for timeless looking photography.
GAILY TRAIL Fruit Heights
- 1105 E Nicholls Rd, Fruit Heights, UT 84037
- This is one of my all time favorite fall locations, but it is beautiful in the spring and summer too.
- There is a trail that is well covered in trees that turn vibrant colors of yellow in the fall
- It is a perfect location for when you need to shoot in the middle of the day, because it offers adequate shade all throughout the trail
Photography locations in Farmington, Utah
- 140 N W Union Ave, Farmington, UT 84025
- Cute shops
- Strung lights that are pretty at night
- Sometimes in the winter they have the cutest teeny tiny ice skating rink that would make for the most perfect engagements!
- 375 North Lagoon Dr, Farmington, UT 84025
- Cute Theme park
- Very fun location for couples
- *you are required to pay entrance fees for both yourselves, and photographer*
- Pro Tip: Do a fun shoot in the morning, and then spend the rest of the day enjoying the theme park
- Also known as "Farmington Creek Trail"
- It is directly behind Lagoon Amusement Park
- 2 N 200 W, Farmington, UT 84025
- This cute little walking trail is the perfect place for pictures! It has lots of beautiful trees with lots of shade
- GREAT FOR KIDS! Because it is right behind lagoon you can see Lagoon's little zoo right through the fence! Depending on what animals are out you can see animals like lions, zebras, tigers, cougars, leopards, and bears. This would be a fun way to make taking pictures more fun for families with kids that love animals!
- There is a beautiful black bridge on the trail that is a perfect spot for beautiful pictures!
Photography Locations in Bountiful, Utah
- 600 Mill St, Bountiful, UT 84010
- Cool bridge
- Lots of trees
BOUNTIFUL UTAH TEMPLE
- It's one of my favorite locations because it's where I got married!
- Exquisite landscaping
- Mueller Park Trail, Bountiful, UT 84010
- Pretty Mountain area
- Lots of trees
- Lots of shade
- Very green
THE THOMAS S. MONSON CENTER AT THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
- 411 E S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Stunning white pioneer architecture
- Beautiful exterior
- It also has nice interior rooms that can be rented for receptions and other events
THE GREAT SALTAIR
- 12408 W Saltair Dr, Magna, UT 84044
- Salty area (like the Salt Flats, but quite a bit closer to the Wasatch Front)
- Right next to the Great Salt Lake
- Really cool concert venue that has cool architectural elements that make for the perfect backdrop to your photography
- Probably my favorite location in Utah!
UTAH STATE CAPITOL
- 350 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
- Beautiful building Interior (great indoor location for winter)
- Pathways with beautiful trees
- Cherry Blossoms Bloom in April
- Trees are beautiful and green from May-Fall
- Pretty white architecture for outdoor location
SALT LAKE TEMPLE/TEMPLE SQUARE
- Part of temple square is currently under construction, but there are still some beautiful areas that are open to the public.
- There is amazing landscaping on Temple Square
- Beautiful Christmas lights in the winter, however it gets SUPER crowded in the evenings around Christmas time
- Pretty indoor/outdoor location
- Urban feel with lots of shops
- Really neat fountain
- Great Salt Lake, UT
- Beautiful view of Great Salt Lake
- Beach looking areas
- Cool swirling rock formation that was created by Robert Smithson in 1970
- Cool wood posts
TUNNEL SPRINGS PARK
- 1080 Eaglepointe Dr, North Salt Lake, UT 84054
- Beautiful field with hills
- Green in spring/summer
- Golden brown in the fall/winter
Little Cottonwood canyon
- Beautiful locations up and down the canyon
- Great for forest photos
- Beautiful snow during winter!
- Large Park with large trees
- River runs through the park
- Flower areas
Photography in Western Utah
BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS
- Very Unique Location
- Open and very white salty area
- Looks like ice
- Very pretty with white wedding attire
- Looks very classy
Photography Locations in Lehi & Alpine
THANKSGIVING POINT/ASHTON GARDENS Lehi
- 3900 N. Garden Drive Lehi, Utah 84043
- Ashton Gardens have beautiful flowers and pretty brick architecture
- Tulip Festival
- *Admission fee required $20 per person
POPPY FIELDS Alpine
- Unnamed Road, Alpine, UT 84004
- Poppy fields in late May and Early June
- Beautiful Sage Brush and trees the rest of the year
- Cute little walk through area with trees, benches and tiny pathways
- Beautiful view of mountain
- *Requires 10 minute walk/hike on dirt road
Photography locations in American Fork
TIBBLE FORK RESERVOIR IN AMERICAN FORK CANYON
- Beautiful Mountain view
- Lots of Evergreen trees
- Pretty little reservoir area
- Nice big hill
- Lots of shade
- It can get pretty busy, but there is tons of space so people don't get in your way too much
- Heads Up: Last time I went I couldn't get any cell service, so with a busy parking lot it was hard to find my clients. Make sure you communicate clearly with your clients so they know where to meet you.
- Scenic drive from American Fork Canyon to Provo Canyon
- Beautiful Aspen Trees and lots of outlook places
- Lots of shady areas
- gorgeous view of the backside of Mt. Timpanogos
- About a 1 hour drive through the loop
- Beautiful colored leaves in the fall
- Very pretty green leaves in the spring and summer
- Closed in the winter
THE SHOPS AT RIVERWOODS
- 4801 N University Ave, Provo, UT 84604
- Cute wave mural for my ocean lovers
- Cute butterfly wing mural
- Cute gazebo
- Provo Beach Ice Cream place has a super cute interior that is decorated in old fashioned mint green with red tables that looks like it could be a Coke-cola commercial
- Cute little arcade area
- Strung lights that are pretty in the evening
CENTER STREET IN PROVO
- cool shop windows
- Beautiful old buildings
- Several cool murals
- Pretty strung lights
- Right by Provo City Center Temple
- Head behind the NuSkin building to find these cute colorful walls!
PROVO CITY CENTER TEMPLE
- Right by Center Street
- Beautiful old red brick
- Stunning landscaping
- Cute little area behind the temple with pretty trees and flowers
- 1300 East Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
- Looks like a castle
- Beautiful stone architecture
- Really cool amphitheater
- Looks like a scene straight from Romeo and Juliet
- Overlooks the City
- *Requires a fee. I believe it is $20 for photography, and I think there is a separate fee for videography, but I don't know what it is
- Beautiful blue lake
- Fantastic icy formations in the winter
- There is a cool pathway that extends out onto the lake
- There is an entrance fee for each car
Photography Locations Springville to Nephi
SRI SRI RADHA KRISHNA TEMPLE, Spanish Fork
- 311 W 8500 S, Spanish Fork, UT 84660
- Beautiful Architecture
- Hindu Temple
- Very Unique
- Doesn’t look like your typical Utah location
- Pretty Pond and landscape
RED LEDGES SPANISH FORK CANYON
- Diamond Fork Rd, Springville, UT 84663
- Red Rock without the drive!
- Red rock is pretty in contrast with white wedding dresses
- Very Utah looking area
LITTLE SAHARA DESERT, Nephi
- 27020 W Sand Mountain Rd, Nephi, UT 84648
- Sand Dunes that look like the actual Sahara Desert
- About an hour drive south of provo
- Great for boho feel
- Lots of sand
- Pretty at Sunset
- Very unique look
YOUNG LIVING LAVENDER FIELDS, Mona
- 3700 Old Hwy 91, Mona, UT 84645
- In bloom in June and July
- Pretty Lavender Fields
- Stunning Purple flowers
- Requires reservation.
- Quiet Mountain area that isn't too busy!
- Very pretty during fall
- Small river area
Photography locations in Moab, Utah
CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK
- beautiful red rock
- Desert landscape
- Really cool contrast with white wedding dress
- Camping or hotels are available in the area
ARCHES NATIONAL PARK
- beautiful red rock arches and landscape
- Really cool contrast with white wedding dress
- Camping or hotels are available in the area
- Cool arch formations
- Classic Utah location
- 3 hours from provo
Photography Locations in Park City, Utah
MCPOLIN FARMSTEAD (ALSO KNOWN AS, THE WHITE BARN.)
- 3000 UT-224, Park City, UT 84060
- This beautiful white barn was purchased by the town of Park City and is open to the public
- You don't need a reservation to photograph there!
- In the winter it is decorated with a large wreath and in the summer a huge American Flag
MAIN STREET IN PARK CITY
- Beautiful unique little boutiques and shops
- Lots of beautiful old brick and cute architecture
- Very cozy look in the winter
- Park City has many world renowned ski resorts that would make for a beautiful backdrop for photos any time of the year.
- In the winter you can capture classic snow pictures, or maybe some cozy pictures in the lodge
- In the summer the fresh green color of the mountains would make for a beautiful location for pictures
- The Alpine Slide area would make for some very cute images as this location gives you access to the cutest working ski lift even in the summer.
- Take a scenic ride to the top of the mountain and capture some of Utah's most beautiful places right at the top of a mountain
- In addition to fun photo opportunities, you can also enjoy many of the fun activities like the alpine slide, the mountain coaster, and zip lining.
Photography Locations in St. George & Southern Utah
Snow Canyon State Park
- 1002 Snow Canyon Dr, Ivins, UT 84738
- Located near St. George, Utah and Ivins, Utah
- Stunning Red Rock
- Beautiful Red Sandy areas
- Beautiful green sage brush
- The red rock makes for stunning formal wedding pictures as it contrasts very well with white wedding dresses
- The Canyon provides lots of good shade that is perfect for photography and nice during hot summers in St. George.
Sand Hollow Reservoir/State Park
- Sand Hollow Reservoir is only 20 minutes from St. George
- 3351 Sand Hollow Rd, Hurricane, UT 84737
- This area has fiery red rock and vibrant see through water
- Costs $15 per vehicle to enter the park
- The park fills up very fast in the summers and sometimes gets so full they won't let you in. If you want to avoid the crowds go in the off season, or early in the morning right when the sun comes up.
Quail Creek/State Park
- Quail Creek is 15 minutes from St. George
- 472 5300 W, Hurricane, UT 84737
- Beautiful water area with rocky beach
- Quail Creek fills up quickly in the summer so early morning shoots are best, or if you can try to go in the off season.
Other Photography Ideas
- Where did you and your fiance first meet? Could that be a cute location?
- What about where you went on your first date or any other significant locations in your relationship?
- Do you have a favorite place to shop? Places like Target can make for super cute photoshoots
- Places to eat? Places like ice cream shops make for cute locations
- What are some seasonal places that you love?
- Corn Mazes and pumpkin patches in the fall,
- Farms in the spring
- State or county Fairs
- Do you love to ski or snowboard? Maybe your favorite ski resort would make a pretty location either in the winter or in the summer
PRO TIP: If you have one of these non-conventional locations in mind, then pick another outdoor location near it. If they are close enough we may be able to do both locations in one shoot!! Non-conventional locations that are associated with fun memories sometimes become your favorite pictures!
Thanks so much for skimming through this list! I hope it can be helpful to you in your upcoming photography adventures! If you have any tips or advice for any of these locations that you think should be added, or any locations that you'd like to add to this list then feel free to shoot me a message!